I am Woman...

Okay, I have to rant for a minute (or two). Every since Hillary Clinton stated that she did not stay home and bake cookies and have teas, I have felt betrayed by the "Women's Movement". Yes, I am a woman of certain age who grew up with Helen Reddy's lyrics looping over and over in my head:
"I am Woman, hear me roar...I am strong, I am invincible, I am Woman"We, as young girls and women of the '60's and '70's were indoctrinated to believe that we had choices. We were no longer to be defined by who we married or what kind of boy children we reared. We could be anything we wanted to be - doctors, astronauts, scientists, fashion models, flight attendants, etc. Well, we could anything that Barbie could be as long as it came with a great wardrobe and accessories.
But I was betrayed. I was betrayed because I believed them. I believed Ellie Schmeal. I believed Gloria Steinem. I believed them when they said that women were smart and capable and should have choices. What I failed to understand was the fine print. With all the indoctrination and all the propaganda, there was a job that was no longer considered fashionable and a real woman would never deign to do it. This job was so lowly, drudge-like, and menial that any truly capable and intelligent woman would think it beneath her dignity and a waste of time. We called it "Housewife and Mother" and/or "Stay-at-Home Mom". I mean, Barbie never came with a vacuum or maternity clothes, did she?
Which brings me to Hilary Rosen and her remark about Ann Romney. By now, we all know what she said:
"Can we just get rid of this word, “war on women”? The Obama campaign does not use it, President Obama does not use it — this is something that the Republicans are accusing people of using, but they’re actually the ones spreading it...What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, ‘Well, you know my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues and when I listen to my wife that’s what I’m hearing.’ Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.”Oh, I know, Ms. Rosen, apologized and backtracked and tried to explain away her statement. She and the MSM have said that it is now time to move on. But I will not move on. I heard what she said and I know exactly what she meant and it offends me. She meant that woman who do not earn a paycheck outside the home are not real women and cannot possible have an opinion about what goes on in the world. It offends me because I fought for the right for women to be free to be what they wanted to be including "Stay-at-Home Moms" and she betrays every thing that I fought for. I am Woman, hear me roar, Ms. Rosen.
Oh, and I am guessing that Ms. Rosen forgets that there is now an ever-growing population of "Stay-at-Home Dads" too.
I am Woman...
Category : Gender Issues
Okay, I have to rant for a minute (or two). Every since Hillary Clinton stated that she did not stay home and bake cookies and have teas, I have felt betrayed by the "Women's Movement". Yes, I am a woman of certain age who grew up with Helen Reddy's lyrics looping over and over in my head:
"I am Woman, hear me roar...I am strong, I am invincible, I am Woman"We, as young girls and women of the '60's and '70's were indoctrinated to believe that we had choices. We were no longer to be defined by who we married or what kind of boy children we reared. We could be anything we wanted to be - doctors, astronauts, scientists, fashion models, flight attendants, etc. Well, we could anything that Barbie could be as long as it came with a great wardrobe and accessories.
But I was betrayed. I was betrayed because I believed them. I believed Ellie Schmeal. I believed Gloria Steinem. I believed them when they said that women were smart and capable and should have choices. What I failed to understand was the fine print. With all the indoctrination and all the propaganda, there was a job that was no longer considered fashionable and a real woman would never deign to do it. This job was so lowly, drudge-like, and menial that any truly capable and intelligent woman would think it beneath her dignity and a waste of time. We called it "Housewife and Mother" and/or "Stay-at-Home Mom". I mean, Barbie never came with a vacuum or maternity clothes, did she?
Which brings me to Hilary Rosen and her remark about Ann Romney. By now, we all know what she said:
"Can we just get rid of this word, “war on women”? The Obama campaign does not use it, President Obama does not use it — this is something that the Republicans are accusing people of using, but they’re actually the ones spreading it...What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, ‘Well, you know my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues and when I listen to my wife that’s what I’m hearing.’ Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.”Oh, I know, Ms. Rosen, apologized and backtracked and tried to explain away her statement. She and the MSM have said that it is now time to move on. But I will not move on. I heard what she said and I know exactly what she meant and it offends me. She meant that woman who do not earn a paycheck outside the home are not real women and cannot possible have an opinion about what goes on in the world. It offends me because I fought for the right for women to be free to be what they wanted to be including "Stay-at-Home Moms" and she betrays every thing that I fought for. I am Woman, hear me roar, Ms. Rosen.
Oh, and I am guessing that Ms. Rosen forgets that there is now an ever-growing population of "Stay-at-Home Dads" too. "This Best Selling Tends to SELL OUT VERY FAST! If this is a MUST HAVE product, be sure to Order Now to avoid disappointment!"
Best Beyblade Ever - Austerity
Best Beyblade Ever Amazon Product, Find and Compare Prices Online.
Okay, I have to rant for a minute (or two). Every since Hillary Clinton stated that she did not stay home and bake cookies and have teas, I have felt betrayed by the "Women's Movement". Yes, I am a woman of certain age who grew up with Helen Reddy's lyrics looping over and over in my head:
"I am Woman, hear me roar...I am strong, I am invincible, I am Woman"We, as young girls and women of the '60's and '70's were indoctrinated to believe that we had choices. We were no longer to be defined by who we married or what kind of boy children we reared. We could be anything we wanted to be - doctors, astronauts, scientists, fashion models, flight attendants, etc. Well, we could anything that Barbie could be as long as it came with a great wardrobe and accessories.
But I was betrayed. I was betrayed because I believed them. I believed Ellie Schmeal. I believed Gloria Steinem. I believed them when they said that women were smart and capable and should have choices. What I failed to understand was the fine print. With all the indoctrination and all the propaganda, there was a job that was no longer considered fashionable and a real woman would never deign to do it. This job was so lowly, drudge-like, and menial that any truly capable and intelligent woman would think it beneath her dignity and a waste of time. We called it "Housewife and Mother" and/or "Stay-at-Home Mom". I mean, Barbie never came with a vacuum or maternity clothes, did she?
Which brings me to Hilary Rosen and her remark about Ann Romney. By now, we all know what she said:
"Can we just get rid of this word, “war on women”? The Obama campaign does not use it, President Obama does not use it — this is something that the Republicans are accusing people of using, but they’re actually the ones spreading it...What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, ‘Well, you know my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues and when I listen to my wife that’s what I’m hearing.’ Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.”Oh, I know, Ms. Rosen, apologized and backtracked and tried to explain away her statement. She and the MSM have said that it is now time to move on. But I will not move on. I heard what she said and I know exactly what she meant and it offends me. She meant that woman who do not earn a paycheck outside the home are not real women and cannot possible have an opinion about what goes on in the world. It offends me because I fought for the right for women to be free to be what they wanted to be including "Stay-at-Home Moms" and she betrays every thing that I fought for. I am Woman, hear me roar, Ms. Rosen.
Oh, and I am guessing that Ms. Rosen forgets that there is now an ever-growing population of "Stay-at-Home Dads" too.

0 comments
Post a Comment